Microphone does not work in FC6

Krzysztof Dubowik kite at interia.pl
Sun Nov 12 13:08:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  I'm out of ideas and I need your help. I've recently upgraded my system
from FC4 to FC6 (a complete reinstall, actually). After the upgrade the
microphone stopped to work.
  The strange thing is that it seems to work - there's a feedback from the
speakers, but neither skype or krec record anything. Mozilla Flash plugin
does not detect a microphone either. I have skype configured to use alsa
and kde to use alsa as well. Changing to OSS does not make a difference.

  I use a soundcard integrated with my mother Gigabyte board as reported by
lspci:
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)

  I tries the following: switched on general "capture" in kmix and put it to
100%, disabled KDE sound system, but still no luck.

Any thoughts?
Krzysztof