New Fedora GTK Theme

Andrea Cimitan cimi86 at alice.it
Fri Nov 17 09:42:14 UTC 2006

Il giorno Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:20:21 +0100
Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> ha scritto:

> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 15:59 +0100, Andrea Cimitan wrote:
> > Il giorno Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:27:27 -0500
> > Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> ha scritto:
>
> > > Yes, all I'm saying is that since we will have gnome 2.18 in FC7,
> > > it would be good to consider symbolic colors now when discussing
> > > a new default theme.
> >
> > This is not important for a "default" theme since normally people
> > will never edit default themes of their distro... At least i have
> > never do it.
> > It's a nice feature/improvement but i think it's absolutely
> > secondary than fixing bugs (if there are) and deciding the default
> > "palette" of the distro.
>
> I'm not sure about that. For as long as I can remember, not having a
> way to customize colors in the UI has been a general complaint in
> each new Gnome or Fedora/Redhat release. Now that we finally have the
> capability to solve this I think we should try to get it done.

We can wait next gnome release, or at least development versions.
When Fedora Core 7 will be release we will gave next gnome versions and
so we will have a tool... Then implementing that with murrine will be a
lot easier...
Please wait... this is not a problem now since we haven't GUI ready to
manage it.
--
Cimi - Andrea Cimitan
http://cimi.netsons.org