(fonts) wikipedia challenge

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 00:18:01 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le lundi 27 novembre 2006 à 16:58 -0500, Rik van Riel a écrit :
>> It looks like with all the fonts from FC6 and Fedora Extras, I
>> can display almost every font from http://wikipedia.org/
>>
>> Almost!  There still appear to be 4 fonts missing from Fedora
>> that are used on the wikipedia front page.  We also lack some
>> glyphs in for example the Canadian Aboriginal Syllable, as
>> used by the Inuit and the Cree (and others?).
>
> I think some of those were added to dejavu lately (the 2.12 packages in
> FE devel). At least there was some noise about canadian strange stuff on
> the irc channel, don't remember if it was merged or complete yet.

Ohhhhhh.  http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/ looks good indeed.

I simply did a yum search for "fonts" and installed every
package whose name began with fonts- ... now I have a lot
more.

It looks like improving dejavu is the way to go, indeed.

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is.  Each group