Icon Theme

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Nov 28 19:09:56 UTC 2006

Matthias Clasen skrev:
> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 19:41 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
>

>> Tango is available from Extras so you can install it, you will however
>> not get as positive an experience as you could have since in some ways
>> the rest of the Echo theme clashs stylistically with Tango and given
>> that it's mighty hard to change the entire artwork set end to end the
>> result is less pleasing that it could be desired.
>>

> The main point of the icon-naming side of the tango push is to make it
> a more feasible task to do a complete set of icons, by reducing the
> overall number of icons
Great, now when does Firefox, Thunderbird, The GIMP, Gaim and
OpenOffice.org plan to support this scheme? Before they do (and I have
no doubt that they will eventually but it might take years) this is
still a perfectly valid concern, especially since all but one of those
apps are in our default desktop.

I fully support the naming effort but it's not there yet so we need to
be careful, we should also leverage the great work that has already been
done by some of the FLOSS communitys finest artists, not to mention the
large team they have already built to work on the Tango project.

- David