Icon Theme

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Nov 28 22:21:29 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy skrev:
> David Nielsen wrote:
>> This all aside the fact that Tango is a damn fine piece of work, it
>> has great usability testing,
>
> Where are there details about Tango's usability testing?
>
> I do not remember reading about this anywhere on their site. I'm
> genuinely curious because I was completely unaware usability testing
> had been performed on the icons.
>
> ~m

I believe Tango has been part of the Better Desktop testing, if I am
mistaken then at the very least their comprehensive style guide has
mentions of basic considerations to make for usable icon design so at
least their style shows some consideration being given to the objective
even if indirectly. I apologize for my use of the word "great", it has
undergone, at least, indirect usability testing and it's designers and
guideline authors, at least a few of them, are aware of usability
concerns (Ryan Collier and Anna Dirks are both usability people by trait).

- David