Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 17 18:18:13 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Bug do happen, but this is more than a bug, because I gave an example
> how this issue was even worse in Fedora Core 6, and still is in the
> default FC6 install.
> This issue is mayor usability oversight, or a usability bug.

Where was the bug report filed? If you are using a test release you
should file bug reports instead or ranting.

> I know about it but I still don't see it anywhere in Fedora 7 Test 3
> !!! Please correct me if I'm wrong. And AFAIK feature freeze is now on
> for Fedora 7.

This feature probably won't make it into the release and might be pushed
as an update but feature freeze can have exceptions. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering

> There are "legal" issues but I bet that a good team of willing lawyers
> CAN come up with an solution. Like an legal statement or some EULA or
> something like that that users need to accept BEFORE linking to
> "rpm.livna.org" in order to make impossible for 3rd parties to sue
> RedHat for "contributory infingement". I'm not close to being a lawyer
> but I believe that can be legally done.

If you are not a lawyer avoid assuming what can be done. Red Hat has a
legal team which has extensively looked into it and has concluded not
worth the risk. Merely adding disclaimers won't solve the issue. This
has been discussed multiple times before. Please avoid bringing it up
repeatedly. It is not constructive.

Rahul