Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 19 16:36:56 UTC 2007

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 19/04/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> > On 18/04/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> > [K]ubuntu had always had the goal of being simple for new users, a
>> > goal that I understand is not on Fedora's priority agenda.
>>
>> Your understanding is wrong. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives
>
> Nowhere in that document is it even implied that Fedora should be
> simple for new users. The closest that I found was this:
> "To emphasize usability and a "just works" philosophy in default
> configurations and feature designs."

... which automatically makes it simple for *everyone* including new
users. It would be nice if you could drop having a argument just for the
sake of it. You expressed a opinion that we need to drop creating live
images which we are not going to do for reasons explained earlier. You
also feel that new users might get scared because people might come
across a Fedora live image and try it out. I am not sure we can or need
to avoid that. Anything else?

Rahul