Installing the Big Board part of online desktop

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 17:51:05 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Installed bigboard from the repo file on Fedora Core 6. The side bar
> on the left says "sign in to Mugshot" on three places (On top, below
> applications, below photos) even though I am already signed in and
> running.
Are you running the Mugshot client, in addition to being signed into the
web site?
> Introspect error: The name org.mugshot.Mugshot was not provided by any
> .service files
> Introspect error: The name org.mugshot.Mugshot was not provided by any
> .service files
This error seems to suggest it is not running.  Try executing 'mugshot'
from a command launcher.
Or perhaps you are using a very old version?

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bigboard/mugshot.py", line
> 226, in __get_baseprop
>     return self.__baseprops[name]
> TypeError: unsubscriptable object
Yeah, I see now how this bug would occur if the client was not running.
We should handle this
better in the near future; Havoc is doing some work to ensure that Big
Board can talk to the Mugshot
server without requiring the Mugshot client UI (with the notifications).