f8 desktop livecd

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:12:27 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Caolan McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> Most companies have the luxury of a formal or informal big 7 or big 12
> language policy, and e.g. Dzongkha and Irish can forget about being
> supported. I guess the ideal solution for something like fedora would be
> a set of regional cds, though I'm not enthusiastic about actually
> contributing constructively and doing the work :-)

Are all the translations broken out into subpackages in sane way
across the distro? Or is there re-packaging work that needs to be done
to make it possible to respin regionally?
Are there any other major roadblocks to someone making a regional cd
right now using something like revisor?

I think regional cds are the way to go, but I'm not sure its
appropriate to change policy in terms of how we handle translations
for the F8 timescale. I think we could probably
decide...soon-ish..that we want to go regional for F9, and start
prioritizing the work to get from here to there.  That would also give
"us" some time to have solid discussions with the non-EN/US speakers
about jumping on board to help create the re-spins.

-jef