f8 desktop livecd

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 7 19:05:40 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
>> 2) On x86_64 you have to use special CD media or usually DVD but you don't
>> get all the packages you could fill in a DVD. If you want to continue
>> insisting on multi-lib by default then a better solution might be to cut
>> down on the x86 image size so that the x86_64 image still fits on a CD.
>
> I don't understand this... you have a DVD burner/reader but now *media* is a
> problem?

Wasn't talking about myself but there are a number of x86_64 systems
(and want the x86_64 version of Fedora ) without a DVD drive out there.
  If they don't have a high bandwidth connection it is tricky for them
to do a installation of Fedora 7. You could copy DVD drive to a separate
partition and do a hard disk installation but I don't think that should
be the only way.

Rahul