pam, nm, pa (WAS: Meet the desktop team)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 22:14:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 23:50 +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>
> > Meeting notes are up now
>
> Great! I only read those concrete things:
>
> # kill xfs
> # kill pam console
> # nm by default
> # pa by default
>
> The first one I understand, not the three later ones, and they need
> discussion on fedora-devel-list I believe, so could you elaborate or refer
> to mail threads on the desktop list?

Sorry for being too terse here. The three you ask about are explained in
more detail in the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureRemovePAMConsole
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureNetworkManager
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePulseaudio

All three are on the feature list for F8 and being worked on or already
done.