low-hanging fruit

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 00:48:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 17:07 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Jeremy, any chance we can change anaconda such that we can slap a
> simpler UI, decoupled from the actual mechanism, on top of it? Thanks.

Like I told you six months ago -- write a kickstart generator, pass
that, voila, you have control of your own destiny.  There's even
pykickstart to make it so that you don't have to worry about what the
actual kickstart config syntax is.  That's going to be the simplest
route.

The other route would be creating another interface in addition to the
text, line oriented (think crappy s390 consoles) and current gui
interface and plugging it in.  Not hard either, but a kickstart config
is going to be easier and should be sufficient

Jeremy