low-hanging fruit

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 06:14:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 01:52 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 01:51 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > > But the result of this is that the person choosing the user icon is the
> > > administrator, not the user itself so the user will have to change the
> > > icon again.
> > >

> > We are talking about the desktop scenario here, where there is no
> > administrator around.
>
> umm, what?
>
> Lots of machines that are desktops have administrators.

I assume those are not installed from a live cd, though.

The very common use case that we are talking about here is that a
machine is being installed from a live cd, by the same person who is
going to use this machine afterwards. Most likely this is happening in
the living room, not in the cube farm at work.