low-hanging fruit

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Aug 17 07:04:46 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> As discussed in the meeting, here is my personal
> "laundry list" of low-hanging fruit. Note that some of
> these are being worked on for F8 anyway.

I think I can propose another item: take a lesson from ccLiveContent and
include a little free multimedia content (free as in CC-BY-SA) in the
default install to show the user the multimedia capabilities.
This can be 2 or 3 songs in Ogg Vorbis format and 1 or 2 videos in Ogg
Theora. It does not matter *what* the content it, the videos may be RH
commercials, interviews with OLPC developers, FUDcon footage, whatever
as long as is shiny and can be played right away.