low-hanging fruit

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:36:33 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, Zack Cerza <zcerza at redhat.com> wrote:

> Bill Peck wrote:
> > On 8/17/07, Zack Cerza <zcerza at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> It'd be even better if that launcher would simply display the name and
> >> icon of your preferred browser. :)
> >>
> >> Zack
> >>
> >> --
> >
> > it would have to be an applet then?
> >

> Well, sure. I don't know if that's feasible, but it sure doesn't *seem*
> hard :)

I was thinking about this the other day.  I think the gnome-panel needs a
launcher applet that is more configurable.  One of the features should be
"sticky launchers", another feature would be to auto-add either most used,
or recently used launchers.  Suse and Ubuntu seem set on adding this
functionality in an enormous SLAB menu.  I think a small gnome applet  makes
a lot more sense.

Right now I just don't have the time to work on it, unfortunately.

Jon