Defining the target audience (Was Re: low-hanging fruit)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:33:11 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:
> If you think about it, it's mainly about messaging, and that's
> one thing we've surely need to fix.

Yes, its all about messaging.  Spins are an opportunity to broaden our
appeal by narrowing the message(s).  And let me add, that since this
is a new spin being discussed, its perfectly acceptable to throw out a
baby or two with the bathwater. We got enough babies to go around.
We've got a large rolling faceless sea of babies. It'd be nice to
focus on a few of them at a time and actually see how cute their faces
are.

Pick a focus, make choices that support that focus. if some of those
choices end up being bad ones and the spin has to be editted in a
later revision, that's OKAY.  As long as we are upfront about this
spin as a narrowing of focus and provide a summary of install time
functionality that is missing in this spin as compared to the standard
install, it's going to be OKAY.