low-hanging fruit

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 19:02:37 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:28:20 -0400
> "Colin Walters" <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Right; this is the real solution to the stolen-laptop problem and I'm
> > all for it!
>
> Except if your session was logged in when it got stolen (seen those
> commercials about the pretty girl in the coffee shop?  (: ).  This is
> why I want some sort of session timeout (other than the screensaver) on
> how long these things sit unlocked for you to access them.

FWIW, for the first few weeks in Rawhide after F7 IIRC,
gnome-power-manager used to lock your keyring when resuming after
suspend. Most people *hated* it. I think you can still turn it on via
gconf however, yup, it's

/apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/gnome_keyring_hibernate
/apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/gnome_keyring_suspend

with the explanation

  Whether the GNOME keyring is locked before the computer enters
  suspend. This means the the keyring will have to be unlocked on
  resume.

Personally, I thought it was a horrible feature.

      David