low-hanging fruit

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 20 19:24:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 14:55 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> Right, we should design for this because we're moving towards having
> an always logged in session:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/halfline/2007/07/25/screensaver-extension/
> Which just makes sense because why would you ever log out?  Generally
> you either suspend or switch users.

okay - so I understand that this is targeted for laptops and home
machines - but for people running fedora and/or rhel in a lab/classroom
this won't fly at all. Having 2 or 3 people logged in and switched is
fine. Having 500-1000 switched out won't work very well at all.

So - this needs to be an option about the always-logged-in-sessions.

-sv