low-hanging fruit

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 22:07:26 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> okay - so I understand that this is targeted for laptops and home
> machines - but for people running fedora and/or rhel in a lab/classroom
> this won't fly at all. Having 2 or 3 people logged in and switched is
> fine. Having 500-1000 switched out won't work very well at all.

Definitely, we need a way for administrators to make the "I'm leaving the
computer" button be "logout".  Actually...looking at the panel GConf this
already exists.  All the desktop spin needs to do is set
/apps/panel/global/disable_log_out to true as a first step.  Next, also set
disable_lock_screen and make sure we lock screen from unsuspend.