PackageKit Misconceptions

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 18:02:47 UTC 2007

> Hey it'd be neat if we didn't have to think about security anymore.  We
> could focus on a lot of the other cool stuff we want to do.  No
> questions, no checking, just have at it!

To me, that's totally not what Colin is suggesting. In fact, there are
things in his mail that actually suggests to *improve* security such as
replacing, IMO, useless dialogs like "Import this GPG key: <hexnumber>"
to something more useful (his proposal about timeouts). See also my
other mail about asking better questions like "Import this GPG key:
<hexnumber>".

     David