PackageKit Misconceptions

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 21:23:02 UTC 2007

On 8/22/07, Owen Taylor <otaylor at redhat.com> wrote:
>  A) The information displayed to the user has been audited to be accurate

You have a proposal on  how to do this? I have grave concerns about
being legally allowed to do this in a centralize way as part of the
Fedora project.

>  B) We provide some sort of reputation system displayed right along
> with the question so that you have a basis for an informed decision

Uhm... probably not possible. I seriously doubt that we could
officially host a ranking of 3rd party sources in fedora controlled
infrastructure. We go out of our way to not officially communicate
about 3rd party repos.  I have a very hard time seeing how this is
going to be integrated into a Fedora experience with the Fedora
Project acting as the central broker of reputation.

-jef