More low hanging fruit.

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 05:04:15 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/27/07, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/26/07, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am sorry but this is really the perfect example of Fedora's problem.
> > > The community tries to better the project and is slapped down at the
> > > last minute because in some hidden meeting the powers that be
> > > have decided a different roadmap.
> >

> > This seems to have been developed and publicized on the Fedora wiki
> > page since 2007-05-08. I'm not sure how that is last minute or hidden.
> >

> So we are going to hold back our desktop user community a better boot
> process for 10 better seconds of kernel rendered graphics?  What is the
> next thing we have to wait for?  As far as I know all our first boot and admin
> utilities are written to use X or ncurses.  Booting to an X server as fast as
> possible allows us to embed X admin utilites already written.
>  Otherwise we are stuck using ncurses and text to set the time
> server and change the root password.  Or are we going to rewrite these
> utilties also?  I understand that people feel the future is in DDX but is that
> replacing X on the desktop? If it isn't then shouldn't the future of a DESKTOP
> version of fedora be to get to X ASAP and stay in X?
>
> If the question is no then I will gladly unsubscribe from this list and not
> be part of the problem any longer.

You need to calm down. I only quoted and replied to a small portion
your post. I am not the person to answer all these questions, so
there's no point to replying to my message with these question. You
mentioned 'hidden' and 'last minute' and I only disagreed with that. I
am not prepared to argue against/for the merits of an early Xorg etc.

I only originally asked a question since you seemed to be aware of a
problem with RHGB that I was not aware of, and wanted to be informed.

( www.pembo13.com )