Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Jan 11 23:54:22 UTC 2007

tor, 11 01 2007 kl. 19:13 -0400, skrev Steven Garrity:
> A few quite thoughts on the <Office> category:
>
> As a default, I'd like to see *either* OpenOffice.org, or the equivalent
> Gnome apps (Abiword, Gnumeric, etc). Since the OpenDocument format is
> doing so well, I'd like to see Fedora (as a prominent) distribution have
> strong support for it. Hence, I think OpenOffice.org is the best choice
> (for now).

OpenOffice is the (some what) sane choice, personally I use GNOME Office
but the lack of a presenter application really is the deciding factor
for me.

> Also, I'd suggest Rhythmbox as the choice of music player - it's solid
> and has been improving a lot in recent releases.

I'll admit I'm really hooked on the Banshee 0.11.x series, if an update
is made to bring the Extras packages up to date I would like to at least
have that considered as the music player. Their podcast and iRadio
support especially is superior to anything I've seen in other players.

- David

--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”