Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 02:55:54 UTC 2007

> gnome-power-manager (does this go with Desktop instead?)

It should go next to NetworkManager-gnome, imo

> fontforge

I agree with others that fontforge seems a bit too specialized.

> openoffice.org (?)

No ?, imo.

> desktop-printing (does gutenprint replace this?)

No, this is eggcups, gutenprint is drivers, afaik

Continuing with the "don't drop core desktop packages theme", here is
a somewhat incomplete list of core desktop packages that I happen to
have checked out here (many of these will probably be dragged in by
dependencies anyway):

alacarte
atk
at-spi