Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 12 03:12:12 UTC 2007

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraDesktop

> openoffice.org (?)

On a personal level I would like to see the GNOME Office suite used, but
we should probably use OpenOffice.org since it's comparable to Firefox
in people's expectations on what should be included as default.

> <Multimedia>
> banshee/rhythmbox/muine (pick one?)

Rhythmbox.

> gnome-blog/gossip

These are both packages that I maintain in FE, but functionality-wise
they are different. Gossip is a IM-client (currently only supporting
Jabber), and Gnome-Blog is a application that allows you to post blog
entries.

Personally, I would rather see Gossip included instead of Gaim, but
since it only supports Jabber currently, most people would probably
prefer Gaim.

/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E