Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 03:17:33 UTC 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 22:12, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > openoffice.org (?)
>
> On a personal level I would like to see the GNOME Office suite used, but
> we should probably use OpenOffice.org since it's comparable to Firefox
> in people's expectations on what should be included as default.

Yea, I think I'm in the camp of having oo.org suite as the default, the gnome
office suite as optional, nothing as manditory, so you could uncheck one in
favor of the other.  Duplicate functionality is OK in this space I think.

> > <Multimedia>
> > banshee/rhythmbox/muine (pick one?)
>
> Rhythmbox.
>
> > gnome-blog/gossip
>
> These are both packages that I maintain in FE, but functionality-wise
> they are different. Gossip is a IM-client (currently only supporting
> Jabber), and Gnome-Blog is a application that allows you to post blog
> entries.
>
> Personally, I would rather see Gossip included instead of Gaim, but
> since it only supports Jabber currently, most people would probably
> prefer Gaim.

Thanks for the clarification.  Most likely we'll go with gaim, and gnome-blog.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora