Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jan 12 14:06:55 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> As to whats going on with the KDE spin, well I'm letting that happen
> naturally
> and driven by the KDE sig.  And yeah, things are getting a little silly
> over there, but who knows, once they start looking at CD sizes, they might
> start thinking harder about what they're tossing in the mix.

Brainstorming certainly brings out some silliness alright. (:

Your idea of coming up with a common/standard "Desktop" set (or whatever we
want to call it) is a good one, for which any Desktop spin can build from.

Speaking of CD size, do you have a target size in mind (yet) for the Desktop
spin?

-- Rex