Desktop spin, missing things

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sat Jan 13 20:11:49 UTC 2007

Hey Jesse, thanks for making the depsolved package list available.
I noticed some things are still missing:

beagle (multiple packages) - unless we are ready to switch to
  tracker,   we should probably include beagle. And I'm not convinced
  that we are ready to switch...

f-spot
gimp (multiple)
gparted
planner  - some apps that we probably want to include

xchat-gnome - not so sure about this one

bittorrent
bittorrent-gui
transmission - I don't know which of these is better, but we should
  include at least one gui bittorrent client.

cups
cups-libs - as much as we all hate printing, we will have to include
  cups :-)

hpijs
hplip - and unfortunately, these 2 will be needed too, I think.

sane (multiple) - if we support printing, we should also support
    scanning

linuxwacom - ...and maybe tablets ?

NetworkManager-vpnc
pam_keyring
nautilus-open-terminal
totem-mozplugin - some nice pieces of glue to make the desktop work
   better

gdb
sysreport - basic debugging support

system-config-lvm - given that lvm is the default...

The following may be handy and/or required in certain situations,
not sure:
poppler-utils
psutils
dcraw