New comps and full package list

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 14 12:11:58 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> I've added some of the suggestions, fixed a bug in the compose tool, and
> updated the full package list and comps files.
>
> Please review starting at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraDesktop

We probably dont require the following packages on the media:

audit, audit-libs, autofs, diskdumputils, crash, dump, docbook-dtds,
docbook-style-dsssl, docbook-style-xsl, docbook-utils, ikvm, mtools,
mono-data-oracle, mono-data-sybase, monodevelop, monodoc, mono-nunit,
mono-web, mono-winforms, qt, PyQt, exim, postfix, tomcat5-jsp-2.0-api,
tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api, transmission, xml-common
xml-commons, xml-commons-apis. xml-commons-resolver,xerces-c,xerces-j2
(some of these seem to be dependencies for openoffice.org
unnecessarily), timidity++

Reevaluate the following packages being installed:

coolkey (a large majority of our audience dont have smartcard on their
systems), hpijs, hplip (should be only required when the system has HP
printers), nfs-utils (why would I need this on a desktop systems?),
bluez-utils, gnome-bluetooth, nautilus-sendto-bluetooth (Maybe install
on demand when bluetooth devices are detected?)

Rahul