New comps and full package list

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jan 14 13:18:46 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram schrieb:
> Thomas Canniot wrote:
>> I would have understand not to include drivers of a little printer
>> brand, but HP is a major brand and many people has one of their printer.
>> I don't really understand why it shold be removed.
> The second list is about packages not installed by default. Not removed.

Well, my vote goes for

* installing hpijs as default; I prefer to have all important drivers
installed so I can use them directly even if I'm without net access.

* it might be acceptable (but a lot of work and trouble for a small
gain? not sure...) to not install hplip by default and just give a
dialogbox somewhere "hey, you just configured a hp printer; <click here>
if you want to install the package hplip with some tools for managing hp
printers".

CU
thl