New comps and full package list

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Jan 14 13:33:00 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 14 janvier 2007 à 17:41 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> We probably dont require the following packages on the media:
>
> audit, audit-libs, autofs, diskdumputils, crash, dump, docbook-dtds,
> docbook-style-dsssl, docbook-style-xsl, docbook-utils,

The docbook xml bits are useful for office work, the sgml ones can be
dumped if

> mono-data-oracle, mono-data-sybase, monodevelop, monodoc, mono-nunit,
> mono-web, mono-winforms,

In corporations, linux desktops are typically developer oriented so an
IDE does not surprise me, but IMHO eclipse is the right one to include

>  exim, postfix,

Please keep them in the desktop spin, none of the "you don't need a full
MTA in Desktop" people have produced a working alternative so far. (in
fact the current GUI mail client suckage only makes people push more
processing in local server mail stack)

> tomcat5-jsp-2.0-api, tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api, xml-common
> xml-commons, xml-commons-apis. xml-commons-resolver,xerces-c,xerces-j2

These are common java libs that will be used by most java apps

Also, do use the tooling FE made to check its own comps.xml, the xsl
filter referenced by the comps SIG
( http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/comps/comps-cleanup.xsl?root=extras )
will save you no end of pain.

Regards,