New comps and full package list

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 16:45:53 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 21:10 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 09:08 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > > hpijs, hplip (should be only required when the system has HP
> > > printers),
> >
> > HP is a HUGE brand.  These should just work, just like all the other printer
> > drivers pulled in by cups.  As to why these are they're own packages, that's
> > a different issue to bring up.
>
> Of course, it is another question why these daemons have to run by
> default and cannot be activated when the right hardware is plugged in.

Definitely.  I filed a tracking bug about this last week (222312) and
put the bluetooth bits on there since they're what I noticed and had
annoy me at that specific time.  Filing something about the HP printing
stuff would be good to do as well as going through the rest of a pretty
full install to see what else falls into this category.

Jeremy