XDM/XSM - not getting proper X environment

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Thu Jan 18 21:34:13 UTC 2007

On 01/18/07 15:44, Ray Strode wrote:
> mv /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession.broken
> ln -s /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession
>
> fix things up?
>
> If so, please file a bug with the summary:
>
> xdm should use system Xsession file

I think it took care of things.  I now get the proper environment that I
was expecting to see.

Logins appear to be tracked differently now, though.  In past releases,
I had noticed that each shell was associated with a different TTY.  Now
I see that I'm logged in to TTY :0.  Is that how it is supposed to be?

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately
and delete this message.  Publication, reproduction,
forwarding, or content disclosure is prohibited without the
consent of the original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392