Disable in X the restart/shutdown by user. How?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 03:07:37 UTC 2007

Leo wrote:
> On 2007-01-19, Rob said:
>
>>However, upon logout, I get the 'confirmation'
>> window to "really logout" (which is good), but
>> there I also get the options to Restart/Shutdown
>> the machine after logout. I want to disable the
>> latter options, but that appears to be very
>> difficult.
>
> I also run Fedora 6 but there is no
> Restart/Shutdown on the logout window. So it
> should be a configurable option but I don't
> know where to change that.

What manager are you using for your personal
desktop? KDE, GNOME, XFCE, .... ?

The logout behaviour seems to be in charge of the
desktop manager, but I'm not sure. On the XFCE
mailinglist I was told that XFCE checks sudo
configuration first, and next checks with the
HAL configuration. For finding the solution,
they delegated me back to the Fedora list....

So, you may say "go to XFCE list for this issue".
However, in order to reboot the machine as a
regular user, somehow there should be a configuration
in Fedora that allows that.
XFCE by itself cannot overrule such a configuration;
OK, it may try, but I want Fedora to not allow
a regular user to take the machine down....

Thanks,
Rob.