New comps and full package list

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Jan 28 18:37:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:28:26PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
 > On Wednesday 24 January 2007 12:25, Nils Philippsen wrote:
 > > how about a "virt-guest" group then? IMO not every "normal" desktop user
 > > should schlep around kernel-xen when he won't touch virtualization ever.
 >
 > I went back to using the master comps file from FC6 (plus some updates for
 > F7).  No kernel should be picked by default, anaconda will decide, based on
 > hardware arch, and whether or not the virt group was selected.  This should
 > accomplish your needs.

Do I read this correctly as "if you choose virtualisation you _only_ get
kernel-xen" ?  This has been a pain in the ass for me getting kernel bug
reports where "the kernel won't boot, I did a reinstall without virtualisation
and now the problem went away".
Whilst kernel-xen needs fixing in those situations, not having a backup
'bare metal' kernel installed is really irritating, forcing users to
have to go through a reinstall again (or in some cases, to give up and
go install a different distro that 'works')

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk