will there be a "cd/dvd burning application" in Fedora 7?

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Fri May 18 08:22:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 10:17 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Will there be a "cd/dvd burning application" in Fedora 7?

There's nautilus-cd-burner

> I don't see any "cd/dvd burning application" in gnome menu after a
> clean Fedora 7 test 4 install. Why is that?

There is, it's nautilus-cd-burner

> I know nautilus has burning functionality - but usability wise it is
> terrible located and I can bet that no standard user will ever find
> it.

Ha! So why the rethorical questions?

> Don't you do usability testing? Put a your mum, dad or some fiends and
> ask them do try and burn a dvd or cd... and watch what they do.

Please avoid flamebaits.

If nautilus-cd-burner doesn't have a good interface, please write down
the use cases, and explain the current workflow, then we can try to
enhance it, and make it better for mum, dad and the friends.