Default Firefox settings

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 17:43:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

I recently asked about ways to benchmark Firefox[1] because of how
slow I found Firefox to be  on Fedora 7. It was almost unusably slow,
prompting me to switch to Konqueror as much as possible.

However I have found a short tutorial which after following the speed
seems to at least be on par which my laptop (which has half the
processing speed, and a slower, IDE hard drive, and slower memory)

Assuming I haven't encountered some freak situation, it may be
necessary to consider changing the default Firefox settings, one of
which is IPV6 DNS. I have zero issues against IPV6 myself, but if it
helps make Firefox useful, by all means.

Again, if I can provide any objective metrics, please let me know.

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2007-September/msg00135.html
[2] http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/28106/How_to_speed_up_Mozilla_Firefox_on_Ubuntu
( www.pembo13.com )