think finger

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 14:00:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Can we get the image from think finger for user feedback?  Ray
> mentioned we might be able to fake it, which would probably be good
> enough.
To be clear, what I was saying was:

- It would be really cool if we could show a finger print on screen when
the user scans their finger
- The fingerprint wouldn't have to be the user's fingerprint, just as
long as it looked like a fingerprint and looked different than other
people's fingerprints

I don't know what fingerprint scanners store (actual image data, or just
enough information to identify the print or what).  Even if we don't
have a full image to show, we could potentially just perturb a fake
fingerprint seeded by whatever data we do have.

Having said that, I think some scanners do give image data.  David
pointed me to this post he made a long time ago:

http://blog.fubar.dk/?p=35

--Ray