GNOME 2.24 feature

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 23:52:13 UTC 2008

> Hi, just made a Feature page for GNOME 2.24:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GNOME2_24
>
> There are various tasks here, the main change not executed on yet is
> Empathy, which I've been investigating this week.  If you see anything
> else that needs to be added to that page, please do it.

Good idea. I've made some edits to the page. One thing to consider is
that empathy requires the whole telepathy stack, which may cause some
size issues on the live image. On the other hande, libpurple is huge
too, and loosing that may well make up for telepathy.

It is worth pointing out that you need to install telepathy-idle to
get IRC support in empathy.