How to remove some mounted partition icons?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Jan 1 13:12:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:48:23 +0000
Ron Yorston <rmy at tigress.co.uk> wrote:

> That's a non sequitur.  Our standard kickstart installation sets up
> a /data partition.  It's used to hold Oracle database and seismic
> data files, neither of which can sensibly be accessed through an icon
> on the desktop.
>
> The fact that /data is a separate partition is irrelevant to our
> customers. It shouldn't appear on the desktop.

I think people are getting hung up on "separate partition" when really
it's more of 'nonstandard mount point'.  Had you mounted it in /srv/
or /usr/local/ or somewhere in /var it likely wouldn't show up on the
desktop.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)