musings on session service mgmt

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:01:54 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 8:39 AM, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I'm not from around here. And last time I played Monopoly, I
> guess some 15-20 years ago, the USD was actually twice as much to the
> DKK than it is today.

Which makes the use of the phrase all that more interesting.. in a
very off-topic sort of way.  Does US consumer culture have a
...monopoly... on widely adopted popular culture?  It makes me a
little sad to think that it might. I was hoping interacting with a
global community, even if we are doing it in Englishese, I'd get a
chance to vacuum up some useful, badly translated and out-of-context
colloquial phrases from other cultures.

-jef"was really hoping the global internet community would develop a
pidgin language that looks more like Card's battle school pidgin and
less like aol-speak"spaleta