Proposal: Install swfdec by default.

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:03:24 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 6:12 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 11:45 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Currently, we don't install any free flash implementations by default,
> > but now that swfdec-gnome has become part of GNOME(1), I would like to
> > propose that we install swfdec-gnome (& possibly swfdec-mozilla) by
> > default starting with F9.
> >
> > (1)
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2008-January/msg00001.html
>
> swfdec-gnome sounds vastly less important/interesting than
> swfdec-mozilla.
>
> If it works well enough, I don't see any problem with installing it by
> default. The last time I tried swfdec (shortly after it moved over from
> livna), sound didn't really work at all for me.

If we ship Fedora 9 with swfdec plugin for Firefox then Firefox will
see that it has the plugin but it still won't play fedoratv.com or
youtube.com videos since Fedora can't ship gstreamer-ffmped needed for
playback if I understand it correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic