swfdec in fedora

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 29 15:39:23 UTC 2008

a3ukasz Peb3szynski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think fedora should provide good and reliable software.
> Swfdec isn't working properly with most sites.
> It should be included as optional package - just as it is now.

This is the case for general releases. The goal of the development
releases is to test more free software. If there are flash sites that
don't work well with swfdec (after installing plugins), file bug reports.

> That mess with american law is stupid.
> American law sucks - and mostly patents for algorithms.
> See you!

Software patents are not merely a U.S problem but increasingly a global
issue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_patent

Rahul