making the i386 livecd fit

Luis Alfredo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:43:09 UTC 2008

Maybe im ill be taking this discussion on another direction, but its my
opinion. I've used Ubuntu and so its LiveCD installation. There you can
select your language during the installation process and if you language
isnt english then an aditiona step is added in the installation which is
the 'downloading language support' or something like that.

As ive also seen fedora's DVD installation method, i can see that you
can manage some extra packages that are not included in the iso image so
during the installation those packages are downloaded from the
repositories.

Isnt it possible to add a similar feature to LiveCD?, like adding the
'Select your language' step and use the repositories to download the
language support if its not english?