No Network with Network-Manager Daemon

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu May 15 14:24:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 00:54 +0200, Carsten Breuer wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> i have updated FC8 at may, 14.
> After that my network was broken.
> eth0 was up but there was no proper setup
> of the route.
> After /etc/init.d/network restart
> everything was fine (since the next reboot).
>
> It seems to me that NetworkManager Daemon
> make worse things?
>
> Is this a new daemon?

Nope; it's been around since FC3 at least.  Had you turned
NetworkManager on before May 14th?  It wasn't turned on in F8 by
default, so if it's running now then either (a) you turned it on, or (b)
I messed up the packaging and it's getting turned on in the %post or
something.

Is your eth0 supposed to be your default route to the internet, and do
you have a list of custom routes defined for the eth0 device when it's
brought up?

Dan