The default theme for F12

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 01:21:23 UTC 2009

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Martin Sourada<martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 16:46 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> So... Back to the theme for F12. If I understand right, you are
> completely satisfied neither with Clearlooks nor Nodoka, but deem
> Clearlooks to be better candidate for being the default in F12 (for
> various reasons stated elsewhere in the thread). Do you have any list
> (or something like that) with what you'd like to change in either of
> them? I can certainly work on implementing such changes for Nodoka (even
> if it won't be default in F12, I'd like to continue with development
> both with the current version as well as with the rewrite), and perhaps
> might be able to help with Clearlooks as well (no promises though ;-).

It would be awesome if you could work with us and the upstream
Clearlooks developers to try to get some of the things done we're
thinking about.  I'll try to catch up with both you and Cimi in the
next two days and hopefully we can figure out the best way to
collaborate on this.

Anyway, just wanted to respond quickly that I think this is a very
promising development and that I appreciate the very mature and
constructive way you've approached this delicate situation (and the
whole email thread).  I'm hopeful for how this can turn out.

Thanks,
Jon