F10, Gnome Desktop and VMware

Christof Haerens christof.haerens at sos.be
Wed Feb 11 19:07:21 UTC 2009

Ali Sobhi wrote:
> I have VMware 1.0.8 on F10 (Intel, 32-bit) and Gnome Desktop.
>
> Starting VMware and booting a WinXP image, when left-clicking inside
> the VMware window to transfer the keyboard and mouse to the
> VM running (or ^G or grab input from the menu) resets the desktop and
> X server and I get a login screen.
>
> Has anyone seen this? How do  I go about debugging this issue.l
>
> PS. VMware 1.0.8 and the same image behaves fine on RHEL 5 and Ubuntu
> Hardy (8.04)
>
> Regards,
>
> ---Ali Sobhi

Hi,

See this: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/177321
It's for vmware player, but applies also for server and workstation.

Besides, I presume you are using vmware server 1.0.8 with
vmware-server-console. If you have vmware server on another machine and
the vmware-server-console on F10, edit the /etc/vmware/config on the F10.

Regards

Christof Haerens