Menu structure change

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 14:34:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 09:15 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 10:25 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > I don't thing that's a good argument, because you get used to the
> > submenus quickly. I really liked them. We worked hard to get everything
> > right, filed bugs against packages that were not inside of the submenus,
> > and now we throw all this away?
>
> Well, if you got used to submenus quickly, you will probably also get
> used to no submenus quickly...

Not necessarily. It's easier to navigate through shorter menus, divided
logically, than in one loooong manu that hardly fits your screen, at
least for me ;-) Although, I don't say the current sorting is flawless.
E.g. what is the difference between Preferences->System and
Administration? Gnome-control-center does not differentiate between
those two :~/

> On a less flippant note, somebody is already working on a package to add
> submenus in a separate package, like the games-menus (?) package does to
> the games menu.

That sounds like a good and pretty much conflict-less solution to me :-)

Martin