Fedora Desktop

Hristo Petkov vaeood at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 05:58:03 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

Talking about performance I found when looking through the file system that I have 4 pythons installed on my system (one with the system, 2.4 and 2.5) and one more, and I cannot remove anyone of them because they are bound to different applications.
In my view if F12 is released with 'standard' python compiler and all the applications are recompiled on it the performance might be improved.

The same is with the perl interpreter - I have two perls and it is very exciting, but it may not be very healthy from the point of view of system performance.

Anyway, the system (F10 with some upgrades to F11) is performing pretty well and maybe it is able of better performance in case the problem with the compilers is unified somehow.

Best regards,
Hristo Petkov