Cleaning up the Administration menu on the live cd

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:07:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Bill Nottingham<notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Mani A (a.mani.cms at gmail.com) said:
>> They can be removed, provided the other alternatives are stable
>> enough. But do keep a menu item 'System-Config-Missing' with a link to
>> documentation pointing to the correct GUI and CLI alternatives and
>> other options.
>
> ... how is that a useful UI to give to the user?
>
> Either what we have on the LiveCD is good enough, and we don't need
> a weird 'missing link' documentation item. Or it isn't good enough...
> and it should be fixed to be. Equivocating isn't useful.

It can be useful for new users and users with some previous Fedora
experience who may not care to look at the release notes. This class
may become confused and possibly move over to some other distro.

The other option is to have separate release notes for the live Cd and
dvds. Maybe users should be forced to RTFM :)

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani